Monday, May 27, 2019

Preventing Dysfunction in Children through Effective Parenting part 1

See this Facebook post: Communicating with a 2 year old in the toy aisle and this Facebook post: communicating with a 2 year old before shopping for context.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to, as a parent, fear my child throwing a tantrum in a store to beg me to buy something.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that, as a parent, my child is influenced by many things, especially if I am not specific with what I expose my child to, and thus when I take them to a store, depending on the type of store, the store is set up to activate desires within the child based on imagery and adverts that the child has seen previously or based on memories that I transferred to my child through DNA.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize the many times I have thrown a tantrum for not getting my way, both outwardly and inwardly.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that unless I prepare my child with an effective vocabulary from a young age, which means that I must prepare my own vocabulary to be effective, then I will not be able to communicate with my child what the expectations are when going into a store.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that if I prepare my child effectively before going to a store, then the chances of my child throwing a tantrum to get me to buy something are reduced considerably.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that a child doesn't just 'throw a tantrum' meaning that it is not just an isolated incident, it is a behavior based on the totality of who the child is, what they know, what influences have been imprinted in them, and the totality of how I have interacted with them, and the environment they have grown up in.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize all of the times that I have been impatient within my interactions with my child.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be concerned with what other people will think of me as a parent and a person if my child cries, or begs, or whines, or throws a fit or tantrum.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that every time I react or change my decision based on my child crying, begging, whining, etc it shows that I can be manipulated.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that every time I yell at or hit my child out of a reaction, it teaches them that I cannot be trusted and that they should fear me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel angry towards my child when they cry, hit, whine, beg, scream, whimper, or throw a fit or tantrum.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel guilty about making mistakes with my children.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel guilty about not being the best example of a living being for my children.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that I have participated in wanting to buy something out of the energy I would get from possessing it, owning it, playing with it, showing it off, or from the image I want to fulfill of having it in my life and experience.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to punish my child for something that exists within me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that punishment itself is not the solution to supporting a child to develop as an effective human being, as it only creates fear of punishment, and therefore no real expression or living as creativity can exist when their is fear, and it will only create a dysfunctional character who tries to control themselves and others to prevent the experience of being punished.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that punishment is the only real solution to behavioral dysfunction in a child, that I would not consider to support them to develop their vocabulary, because I did not realize that vocabulary is the means through which they will understand the true consequences for their actions, and understand how reality works so that they can make decisions for themselves rather than having to be controlled by me as the parent, because I won't always be there, and I realize that if I instill fear of punishment and authority in my child, they will always be susceptible to control by others who present themselves as authorities even when they really aren't.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge parents who hit their children or yell at them as a form of punishment or behavioral control.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear hitting my child out of anger automatically and then regretting it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the experience of regretting hitting my child.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear my child hating me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear not being able to give my child the best.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to compare myself to other parents and feel bad about not being able to give my child what they give to theirs.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the money system creates inequality in parenting.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize my responsibility towards supporting myself and others to be the best parents possible within the context of the limitations of this system.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize my responsibility towards myself, Life, others, all children, to stand up and change the money system so that all are supported equally as what is best for all.

I commit myself to stand and support other parents and show that the best way to support a child to develop effectively in the best way is to develop for myself and my spouse an effective vocabulary and equal and one agreement of support in standing as what is best for all and to support my children to develop an effective vocabulary and equal and one agreement with themselves to always place what is best for all as the starting point of one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment