Thursday, May 2, 2019

Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child

After having a discussion online with some parents who argued that sometimes children need to be spanked, I am placing this as self-forgiveness of the pattern.

We cannot EXPECT another to take self-responsibility, so we do it ourselves, taking responsibility for the pattern even if it is not a pattern we are directly living, personally - that is irrelevant - we forgive unconditionally EVERY pattern that we see that is not best for all. That is the purpose of this journey - to forgive until NOTHING remains so that we can recreate this world in the image and likeness of Equality an Oneness as What is Best for All.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel angry at parents who hit their children.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge parents who hit their children as bad, evil, and not caring about their children.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that parents hit their children out of fear.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, as a parent who would hit their children, to not realize that hitting a child cannot in any way develop the child's reasoning ability, it is only instructing them to be afraid and thus comply with the dictates of a dictator (parent, government, media, teacher, boss, etc).

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel guilty as a parent that hits their children.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that it is possible to support a child effectively without ever hitting them.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that hitting is a form of physical abuse and that regardless of whether one call it 'spanking' or 'discipline' it is an unacceptable way to interact with a child - that it does not in fact support them to express themselves as who they really are as life - it in fact diminish life in the child through self-suppression.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge my parents for hitting me as a child.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, as a parent who would hit their child, justify hitting children by saying 'I only hit them a little' or 'it was only a little swat on the butt', not realizing that even in the spanking that doesn't 'hurt' the emotions of the parent, the starting point of the parent, is what is coming through and transferring to the child - and thus if a parent tries to CONTROL the behavior of a child through ANY form of hitting - this is no different than a slave master controlling the slave through hitting and fear.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the evidence is clear that hitting a child lowers their ability to reason effectively.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that it does not make sense that one could teach a child to not hit another through hitting the child as punishment or as a 'lesson.'

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to abuse the saying 'spare the rod, spoil the child' to justify why I would hit.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not investigate the real meaning 'spare the rod, spoil the child' where 'spare the rod' refers to the rod as a symbol of wisdom, as in 'thy rod and thy staff comfort me' where it is a symbol of the parent/God who understands what the child doesn't and thus if the parent 'spare the rod' and do not give their child an effective vocabulary/ability to reason and explain things to their child, not expecting them to immediately understand, but giving them the opportunity and living the word patience within knowing that it takes time to integrate information and understanding, knowing that children do not come with instructions, and thus every thought, feeling, belief, behavior, fear, reaction, etc within the parent, even before the child was born, will now become the instructions that are transferred to the child as inFORMation through the parent's example as behavior - and this happens in quantum time - and thus even though a parent cannot see directly how the behavior of a child is a reflection of the parent, it is - and thus when the parent hit the child, they are hitting the child to stop the child from living out a pattern that the parent themselves have not taken responsibility for - even if the parent has suppressed it - all the hitting would potentially do, is have the child suppress the behavior, but this will lead to all kinds of emotional problems later in life as the self-suppressions come to the surface.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, as a parent who would hit their child, to feel justified within hitting because of the fear within myself that my child will not conform to the behavioral standards that I believe are good and that my child will someday be an embarrassment to me, cause me shame, or cause harm to another.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to, as a parent who hits their children, to simultaneously believe the statement 'an eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind' and yet that the Bible also justifies hitting children, even though the previous statement would imply that this will create a world of abusers, as it clearly does.

I commit myself to stand in the face of parents/people who justify hitting children as an acceptable form of educating a child and to prove that one can support both boys and girls to develop an effective ability to reason and to value equal life in all without resorting to physical or emotional abuse of the child to control them.

I commit myself to show that the best way to parent/educate a child is to support them to develop their ability to reason and communicate through using TechnoTutor, and to also utilize the Desteni Process and TechnoTutor for oneself as a parent to take responsibility for the patterns within oneself to prevent them from being transferred to the child and to direct them in the best way when this was not prevented.



No comments:

Post a Comment