Thursday, April 18, 2019

Nervousness and Fear within Public Speaking

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear doing something new that I haven't done before.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel sick to my stomach when approaching doing something new that I haven't done before.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to 'feel safe' within doing things that I have either done before or which seem relatively similar to things I have done before.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself not realize that 'feeling safe' about doing something I have done before and feeling fearful of doing something new and thus preferring/wanting to only do things I am familiar with is the opposite/reverse of living - as I am making the statement within/as who I am that I am only comfortable within living out a memory, when Life is not about re-experiencing a memory, but about doing/living as what is best in each moment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to suppress the feeling of fear/nervousness/anxiety within myself and thus only experience it as a manifestation of feeling a headache, sick stomach, and unsettled bowels/digestion.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that I fear speaking in front of a group of people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when I am in front of a group of people, presenting information, I am simply just talking to people and that the fear, nervousness, anxiety that I am experiencing is due to placing value on the outcome of the response of the people to what I am presenting, and thus I am not focused in the moment on simply being Here and presenting what I know.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be angry/irritated/judgmental towards my body when it presents a feeling of unease within me doing something new, when it is in fact showing me that I am nervous, anxious, and fearful and thus supporting me to reassess my starting point within the new thing that I am doing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I should be afraid of speaking to a group of people.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to place value on the outcome of presenting information to people from the perspective of how they perceive me within how I perceive myself as either being a great speaker or an attractive person, when in reality, all that matters is whether the person takes action on the information that I am presenting.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that there is something to fear within not knowing how something will turn out.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not trust myself to do what is best regardless of how a situation turn out.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that I am able to speak with effectiveness within the context of presenting information that is best for a person to consider and in a way that supports the person to take action on the information that is best for that person.

I commit myself to walk into speaking in front of a group to present information that is best, in the best way, to support others as myself to take action in the best way for them in order to begin using the tools that will support them, as it is supporting me, to stand up within themselves, take responsibility for themselves and to stand up within this world and take responsibility for this world to change it to be best for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment