Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Giving My Power Away to Thoughts and Feelings

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to realize that there are some things that I feel I have no choice about, is because of accumulated consequences - and the choice was generally made in the beginning and that created consequences which then reinforced the choice, so what I am facing now is the result of my original choice, which I may not be consciously aware of now.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when I am challenged to make a choice and I feel emotional and feel like I don't have a choice, it is the emotions that are trying to keep me locked in some original choice, and the same thing goes for thoughts, and yet I can stop participating in a moment, breathe, delete the thoughts and make the decision that is best in that moment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create a society where people feel like they have no choice whatsoever, even though they are making choices all the time, but they feel like they aren't choices because emotions and thoughts are given power over and above our individual will and choice.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize the extent to which we as humanity have placed power, Godlike power, into thoughts, feelings, and emotions and use these as justifications for why we and this world cannot change and stop doing things that are not best and do the things that are.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to listen to my thoughts and feelings instead of my common sense, which IS THERE if I listen to it.

I forgive myself that I have not been honest with myself about the degree to which I still allow my thoughts, feelings, and emotions to be the authority, even though I know deep down that I am the one giving them the authority and it is ME who experiences the consequence, eventually, of participating in them and allowing them to make decisions on my behalf.

I commit myself to stop in the moment where the thought comes up to do something that I know is not best, and then the feeling rises to reinforce the thought, and then the flood of thoughts come to convince me to do it - but I stop, I breathe, I bring myself back here, I pause, I forgive myself for falling into the temptation to think and use this as an excuse to wash my hands clean of the decision to do something that is not best, no matter how 'minor' it might seem - I stand up and take responsibility for what I allow in my inner world which becomes my outer world.

No comments:

Post a Comment