Monday, July 1, 2019

Intelligence, Vocabulary, and Parenting

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that intelligence is something that one is born with and cannot be changed.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that intelligence is a function of the words that one know and the meanings that one has for those words and the ability to use them automatically within speaking, writing, and reading and within assessing information, and that the more one's vocabulary reflects reality then the more effective (and thus intelligent) one will be.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the way we teach children words is not systematic and effective and this leads to a dysfunctional world.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, as a parent or someone around children, to think is it funny and cute to misteach a child something to hear them say something that is not correct.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize the extent to which we teach children incorrect information which leads to them being unreasonable, overly emotional and illogical, and open to manipulation through information and imagery.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that educating a child begins primarily with the parent/educator having an effective vocabulary, free of bias, and free of the patterns of emotional manipulation which would otherwise destroy the child's innocence and dumb them down, and that educating a child is really nothing more than supporting them to develop effective vocabulary, reading ability, and mathematics ability.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, as a parent, to not realize that NO ONE in the system is qualified to educate a child, and yet that doesn't mean that what the parent does is automatically best - the parent must develop their skills in reading, mathematics and vocabulary to a point of excellence otherwise this will negatively impact the child's development.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that school classrooms are designed to teach to the average intelligence levels and thus they will not support excellence in vocabulary, reading, and math and thus the children who seem to excel in school are getting support outside of school from parents, tutors, and other sources.

I commit myself to show that parents can be trained to educate their children more effectively than what is occurring in the schools and that this can be accomplished only by using TechnoTutor as a tool that will support the parent to rebuild their vocabulary and to build the child's effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment