Monday, June 17, 2019

Parenting Considerations

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, as a parent, to not see the simplicity that when I lie to my child, they will believe me initially, but will then later come to resent me and no longer trust me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not question why we teach children about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that my child is innocent, and is looking to me for guidance as to understanding of how the world function.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that my child is picking up on EVERYTHING that I am saying and doing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe and feel like it is too much to take self responsibility for all the thoughts, feelings, and emotions that are within which are causing me to act and speak in automated ways which is influencing my child.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that my child will end up just like me - uncertain about life, fearful, competitive, wanting to control others, and generally angry and unhappy.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel despair as a parent, because I know how difficult it is to change within myself, and I fear that my child will have an even more difficult time standing up within themselves, because I know that I did not give my child the very best that is possible.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear my child just becoming another slave of the system, feeling lost and not caring about living for real.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to rather tell my child lies about the world than have to explain in detail what is really going on.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think it is cute when my child repeats something that I have said as an automated pattern, when in fact it only confirms that I have transferred a program to my child - and within this I have not even considered whether what I have transferred is best for my child.

I commit myself to walk the process of changing myself, to not give into despair, because despair is only an excuse and not a solution.

I commit myself to stand and change and be an example to my child and to others that it is possible to change.

I commit myself to study and understand how reality operates and how the mind functions and how thoughts form so that I no longer have to deceive myself or my child about how things operate in this world and I can then prepare them as effectively as possible to stand up within themselves and this world and support the creation of a system that is best for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment