Thursday, June 20, 2019

More Parenting Considerations

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that patience is required when teaching and supporting a child to learn something.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that forcing a child to do something creates a resistance within the child.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that schooling is a form of forcing a child to pay attention to sets of information that someone at some level wants the child to memorize and yet within this, most children will develop a resistance to learning and specifically reading.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize the extent to which we as parents and society as a whole force things onto children.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react to the point of the extent of things forced onto children and believe that it is best to let the child completely decide what they will learn and do.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the child is not really choosing what they want to do, they are assessing what fits into the foundation that has already been laid by their parents and environment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that children just learn what they want to learn, when in fact children want things based on how they have been influenced based on what has been presented to them in their environment and what has been said and given as examples.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to place value on the idea of children having 'freedom' to do what they want, not realizing that I would be setting them up for failure in a system that requires us to work to survive.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I can simply let a child do what they want and things will work out just fine, as if there is some imaginary force in the world that will make sure they are protected from the influence of others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that no matter how I structure the environment for my child, they will be influenced in some way, because the world that we live in is designed to impulse people fear for their survival and thus corporations are more and more vying for the opportunity to influence as many people as possible, and thus unless the money system change and we do not have to compete for survival, then my attempts to create a perfect environment for my child will always fail and if I do not support them with an effective vocabulary and education to stand up in this world, then they will be left to fend for themselves in a system that is growing more and more competitive everyday, and yet within that, I can support my child to develop an effective understanding of the world and give them the understanding of the context that the world is not currently designed in a way that is best for all, however I must not be naive that the system is not going to attempt to influence my child, and thus I must do everything I can to support them to develop an effective vocabulary and information processing ability so that they can see through attempts to influence and manipulate them while also being able to survive and exist in the current system and do what is necessary to stand up and change it.

I commit myself to support my children to develop an effective vocabulary and information processing ability and to understand the world around them - to understand the system - and to see what must be done to change it so that future generations can be supported to start off with less survival pressure, which would allow more and more to learn what it means to live for real without having to compete and destroy life just to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment